Garmin vivofit jr is a smart activity tracker made water resistant with state-of-the-art technologies to boost your kids’ zeal to put it on throughout the day. This post is a review and feature post of Garmin vivofit jr device.
This activity tracker is meant to encourage your children to reach their daily 60 minutes recommended exercise goal. Being water resistant, it can be used by the children even when bathing or during exercise in a swimming pool.
The activity tracker is structured with parents in mind. Although your kids will love Garmin vivofit jr compatible app for fun and movable exploratory tracking that it could offer them, parents can control the app and make use of it to monitor their kids steps and active minutes, allocate chores to them and even offer them essential rewards.
Parents can exercise the required control from their mobile device.
When making use of the device’s task-designation feature, the parents can assign specific tasks to their kids. Rather than having to check if these tasks are completed or not, they can merely set the Garmin Vivofit Jr. to offer the kids the required reminder.
Again, through the app parents can attach a reward note to every task they allot to the children which they can view directly on the app. These extra incentives give the children a robust sense of fulfillment whenever they complete a certain task.
To persuade kids to wear the band always, Garmin made the band waterproof so that they won’t have any need to take it off their wrists. The Garmin vivofit jr as well features a sunlight-readable and high-resolution display and stop watch functionality.
In addition to these, the Vivofit Jr. is supported by a free mobile app, which provides a tracking feature for mobile adventures. The activity allows kids to win extra rewards as they develop. The same app also allows parents to sync information in the band into their smartphones and concurrently incorporate many children that they need to monitor their daily activities.
With all the features that it has to offer, the Vivofit Jr. from Garmin is a good value for the price spent. This fitness tracker for kids can now be purchased in Best Buy and Target, Dick’s Sporting Goods, Toys “R” Us and Walmart. It can as well be bought from Amazon.
With a lot of wearable devices in the market, Garmin is continually innovating and aiming at new segments of the population. This time around, Garmin targets the younger ones with its Vivofit Jr.’s array of wonderful features and functionalities.
Table of Contents
- Features of Garmin Vivofit jr activity tracker for kids
- Build and design of Garmin Vivofit jr activity tracker for kids
- Garmin Vivofit jr: Your Parental Personal Assistant
- Garmin Vivofit jr helps you to stay on top of chores
- Extra Credit for keeping active
- Physical dimensions of Garmin vivofit jr daily activity tracker
- Activity Tracking Features of Garmin Vivofit jr
- Garmin Vivofit jr Additional features
- Health benefit of making use of Garmin vivofit jr daily activity tracker
- Comparing Vivofit 3 and Vivofit Jr
- Garmin Vivofit Jr
- Battery Life
- Water Resistance
- Kids Friendly
- Parental Control
Features of Garmin Vivofit jr activity tracker for kids
- It come with 1+ year battery life without requiring any battery recharging
- It is made of kid-friendly design
- Vivofit jr is comfy, durable and swim friendly
- It tracks steps, sleep and 60 minutes recommended activity every day
- It features a free parent-controlled app which incorporate fun and educational mobile adventures for kids; and errands together with behavior management for parents
- With Vivofit jr activity tracker, kids get to earn coins to redeem for agreed rewards managed by their parents
Build and design of Garmin Vivofit jr activity tracker for kids
The Garmin vivofit jr activity tracker comes with a charming style and a very solid Design. It is very suitable for pint-sized powerhouses. It has a comfortable and long lasting one piece band that kids can slip on and off their wrists.
It is accessible in several exciting and vibrant designs that children can wear everywhere including, school break time, vacation, swimming pool exercises and even while they lay in bed.
You can also opt for extra adult-size accessory bands which allow kids to alter their look. The user-replaceable battery stays alive for up to a year, without requiring any recharge.
Garmin Vivofit jr: Your Parental Personal Assistant
The vívofit jr. activity tracker is controlled by parents with the use of the compatible app.
From the app, you can add many children and watch their steps, sleep, day to day activities and duty data when it is routinely synced to your smartphone.
With the app, parents can assign tasks and chores to their kids, find out how many coin rewards each child has, and even encourage the whole family to compete in a daily step confrontation entirely from your Apple or Android smartphone.
Garmin Vivofit jr helps you to stay on top of chores
Vivofit jr let you take the upheaval out of household chores and does the work for you. Parents can assign chores to their kids from their smartphone app, and the kids will see the new chores assigned to them on their bands.
These can be arranged as recurring daily tasks or even weekly. It is an excellent reminder for children who need to be reminded of their duty to brush their teeth and make their beds as well as for teenagers who like to reschedule things. You can also use the app to set up a task timer so vívofit jr. can remind your children the time to finish their homework or get dressed up.
Extra Credit for keeping active
The vívofit jr. daily activity tracker for kids makes it easy to reward kids and keep them adequately motivated. When your kids reach their daily 60-minute activity goals, fun facts and a mobile adventure tracker are thrown ajar.
This inspires kids to do their best every day. By completing their allotted chores, kids earn virtual coins which you can exchange for them with the rewards you have agreed upon, like additional 30 minutes of watching films or television or inviting his or her friend to spend the night or even purchasing material of great significance for them.
Physical dimensions of Garmin vivofit jr daily activity tracker
- The circumference is 5.4” (136 mm)
- The display size, W x H is 0.39″ x 0.39″ (10 mm x 10 mm)
- The Display resolution is 64 x 64 pixels.
- It has negative mode display. The weight of this kids’ daily activity tracker is 17.5 g (0.62 oz).
- It comes with one replaceable CR1632 coin cell Battery with battery life period of up to 1 year and water rating of 5 atmospheres.
Activity Tracking Features of Garmin Vivofit jr
- Step counter: This counts the number of steps that the child makes
- Move bar: This displays on the device after some period of inactivity. To reset it, you’d need to walk for a couple of minutes.
- Sleep monitoring feature: This helps to monitor the total sleep times and times of movement.
Garmin Vivofit jr Additional features
- Automated exercise goal: 60 minute daily play goal
- Chores to be assigned to kids
- It incorporate visual coins as rewards to be offered to kids
- It has task Timers, structured to range between two and thirty minutes
- It has stopwatch feature and an automatic sync feature
- It has easy to hear alert features and are compatible with vívofit 3 bands
- It comes with a durable silicone construction that absorbs shock and prevents it from breaking even when children hits it against a hard brick wall or stone.
Health benefit of making use of Garmin vivofit jr daily activity tracker
It is meant to boost children’s health and their physical fitness. It ensures that children meet the 60 minutes of physical exercise daily activity goal recommended by the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention.
This may include moderately intense exercise like vigorous walking or much more vigorous intensive activity like running. The device persuades children to get more active by tracking their exercise intensity and showing how they improve each time towards the 60 minutes daily goal.
What is included in the standard packaging?
- vívofit jr.
- Standard stretchy band; the standard bands accommodate wrists up to 145 mm; X-large fits wrists 146-170 mm.
- Top of Form
- Bottom of Form
- 1-year long battery life without recharging!
- 24/7 wearable swim-friendly band with 5 ATM water resistance.
- Kid tough and easy to put on, 1-size-fits-most, non-staining, one piece band that stretches over your kid’s hand with comfortable fits.
- The 4 to 9 years old stretchy band is intended for wrists up to 150 millimeters.
- The Vívofit jr. extra large accessory band; vívofit 3 bands are made to accommodate children with larger wrists and older children.
- Well-matched parent free mobile app –which comes with fun and educational mobile adventures for kids together with daily chore and behavior control for parents.
Comparing Vivofit 3 and Vivofit Jr
Vivofit 3 and Vivofit Jr are products of Garmin while the new Vivofit Jr. is meant for kids; the Vivofit 3 is an activity tracker for adults.
Both fitness trackers aim to boost young people zeal to stay active, and are full of swim- friendly and durable features. The Vivofit Jr is powered by a battery that allows kids to wear it round the clock with a battery life of one year.
The device is built to provide nearly everything that a smart band ought to achieve particularly, for tracking a child’s sleep patterns, steps and activities that make up the recommended 60-minute play goal every day.
Similar to the Garmin Vivofit 3 parent product, the Vivofit Jr is stylishly made with very colorful and eye catching design. The fitness tracker is sold together with the parent-controlled mobile app which serves as the child’s motivator by making available family step challenges and mobile but educational adventures.
The Garmin Vivofit Jr tracker is as well compatible with a task management app that parents can make use of when assigning tasks and responsibilities to kids like making their bed or setting the table. The app also enables you to set a timer that will count down on the tracker, which could be a handy tool for limiting the amount of time your kids spend watching television or to be used as a study timer.